We have been studying the Government and British Gymnastics requirements and as a club we are working on arrangements to make absolutely sure we are as safe as we can be when we are given the go ahead to resume operations.
Some of the changes will be what you can already expect:
- asking anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 to stay at home
- temperature checks & sanitising stations when you enter the gym/dance studio
- Protection screens on reception, automated taps & soap dispensers, doors left open as appropriate
- much reduced class sizes & social distancing planned into sessions
- regular hand washing for all gymnasts, coaches & staff
- water fountain available for clean, cooled and filtered water for bottles only
- regular and monitored thorough cleaning regimes
- potential use of masks/visors for coaches when/where necessary
- gymnasts to bring their own chalk or purchase at reception as it cannot be shared due to new regulations
- one-way routes through gyms/dance studio and restricted parental access to the gym apart from the little ones.
Our gyms will be planned and thought through to see how best to run reduced sized classes to ensure they are appropriately managed. You can feel sure that we have invested in the best equipment and materials to deliver a safe and controlled environment within which to return your child or yourself back to training.
We hope to let you know more of the details and explain how you can help us within the coming few weeks so we can all be prepared to get back safely. It’s been a long wait for us all but the priority will be everyone’s safety going forwards into the future.
Watch this space for more news of our return, keep safe x